Today is a Tutorial of an Explore Mini Junk Journal for Day 12 of the Christmas Junk Journal Gift ideas. Doing this series has been fun. I love seeing what Rachel Reid comes up each day.
For this Tutorial of the Explore Mini Junk Journal, I wanted to keep it simple. Not a lot of fancy tools. As many of the things I did can be done without fancy tools. Scissors, glue, paper, sewing needle, and thread are the basics.
The Supplies and Tools I used today for the Explore Mini Junk Journal.
- Fiskars 12 Inch Portable Rotary Paper Trimmer and/or scoreboard
- 7Gypsies Junk Pack
- Scraps of paper – Notebook paper, old map, and Watercolor paper for cover
- Fiskars Scissors
- Tim Holtz / Tonic Studios Craft Pick
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Bookbinders Needle
- Waxed Linen Thread
Because some people have said they don’t have Glimmer Mists or even Distress Inks I didn’t use any, just opting to have it clean and simple. It also takes less time if you leave out those steps.
Here is a video of the Tutorial on the Explore Mini Junk Journal.
Pick up a Junk Pack from 7Gypsies today and see what kind of fun junk journal you make. It’s fun to pick up random papers to use in a junk journal. And in this little junk pack are all kinds of cool textures and colors. Enough for making matching elements and few that will make them one of a kind.
My hope is that you too will make an Explore Mini Junk Journal and enjoy the process.
This project is also a part of the 12 Days of Junk Journal Gift Ideas 2017:
- Day 1 The North Pole Junk Journal
- Day 2 How to apply foil to a Christmas Junk Journal
- Day 3 Jolly Jar Junk Journal
- Day 4 How to make a Flow ish junk journal
- Day 5 Paper Bag Recipe JJ
- Day 6 Tutorial Mini Composition Junk Journal
- Day 7 DIY Junk Journal Kit Gift
- Day 8 Tutorial Mini Inspire Junk Journal
- Day 9 Hot Cocoa Junk Journal
- Day 10 Tutorial One Sheet Mini Junk Journal
- Day 11
- Day 12 (today’s project) Tutorial Explore Mini Junk Journal
Make sure you check out the other videos from the past 12 days. Thanks for those that have been watching and reading all 12 days. You are appreciated.
Make sure to check out the Friendly Junk Journal People Facebook group. Of course, you are welcome to join the Friendly Junk Journal People Facebook group. The group is growing daily and we are a friendly group willing to help each other and encourage each other.
Interested in any of the journals I created? Please feel free to contact me through my Facebook Page.
Here is my shop, I have a lot of items uploaded and add more weekly.
My hope is that I have inspired you to look at those papers in your stash and make your own junk journal.
Keep updated on my posts by following me. Follow my blog with Bloglovin.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today for the Explore Mini Junk Journal.