Sharing a Mixed Media Crazy Pages Tutorial. The Crazy Pages were made for an International Art Journal Pages Trade “Crazy Pages”. Coordinated by Ayala Art through Facebook. The idea was to create any size page with any medium and send it out to eleven other artists. Then when we got the pages we would then make these into an Art or Junk Journal.
International Art Journal Pages Trade “Crazy Pages”
Twelve pages, Two amazing teams. Each page made with a different shape, design, and techniques, painted with incredible backgrounds, are being shipped to different states and countries around the world! 📓 🛩 🎨 📓 😁 📹
Once completed, each artist of the two teams will take their 12 pages, which were painted by 12 different people, and then will film or take pictures of them binding the pages into a unique, fun, and amazing Art Journal of Crazy Pages!!
Please be sure to check out my fellow YouTube Artists who are participating in this trade with me. Some will have pictures up on their Instagram Accounts and some will have a video up on YouTube detailing the whole journey. ⭐️ “Crazy Pages” was created by and organized by Ayala Art / I Love 2 Paint.
- Ayala Art https://www.youtube.com/user/AyalaArt
- Bea Grob https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe7QGFU5YICjkDfn3jpkctg
- Britta Toftebjerg https://www.youtube.com/mindartdk
- Cecilia J. Forteza https://youtu.be/Fifds8dvm_c and https://youtu.be/2B-uFlixt7E
- Cindy Porter https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6shFsb0tBbIi9bvQCfYCg
- Courtney Hancock Wadehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM6TRvc38-vM5SvMzmefvZg
- Erin Serviss DeCoste https://m.youtube.com/#/channel/UCDVNmRKap2rbQ3t3Bv84J8g
- Gabriele Gamatz https://www.youtube.com/user/gamatz2708 https://Instagram.com/gamatz
- Kristin Van Valkenburgh: https://www.youtube.com/user/TwinkleArtist
- Kristy Tyra will share on Facebook
- Linda Israel https://youtu.be/RlWxk719dO0
- Mona Lundeborg https://www.youtube.com/user/monchri08
- Shae Leigh: www.youtube.com/shae206
Mixed Media Crazy Pages Tutorial Supply list
- Chalkboard paint from Tattered Angels – Various colors found at Tuesday Morning, Pale blue, Green and an orange-yellow.
- High Impact Paint, Blue, and Copper
- Glam, Lady Bug, and Tail Fin
- Cranberry Zing and Electric Blue Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
- Acrylic Paint in three shades of pink and one yellow
- Tim Holtz Diamond Plate Stencil
- Basics Acrylic Gesso
- Liquitex Matte Medium
- PVA adhesive
- Krylon Matte Finish
- Damask Tissue from Canvas Corp Brands
- Old Dictionary page
- Floral Napkin
- Two Sheets of Carson 11 x 15 Watercolor Paper in 90 pounds.
- washi tape
- Stencil created on Cricut Explore Air
- Heat Tool
Mixed Media Crazy Pages Tutorial Video.
After collecting the items I attached the two sheets of watercolor paper together with washi tape on the back backside. This made a large sheet I could work on and then cut up later.
Stamp the images with Brutus Monroe Detail ink – Raven. Then adhere torn bits of the Damask Tissue paper and dictionary page.
Using the stencil made on the Cricut Explore Air I used the Chalk sprays to add color to the page.
Next applied the Glam and High Impact paint with some yellow acrylic paint with an old room key card in a random fashion.
Using a couple of stencils and gesso I then added a layer over the whole sheet.
Apply a little watered down glimmer mist or use a spray bottle of water then spray with Electric Blue Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist here and there.
Use PVA to attach the torn napkin all over.
Once this is dry – I used a heat tool to speed up the process. Apply the three different pink acrylic paints to create flowers around the torn napkin pieces. Creating whole new flowers.
Apply Cranberry Zing Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist with a paint brush over the flowers.
Seal the work with Krylon Matte Finish Spray – I took it outside as the fumes are not good to smell.
Then using a Pitt Pen made marks around the flowers to give more definition.
Remove the washi tape from the back and cut the two pages apart. This is then cut down to 5 x 5.5 inch pieces.
I really love how these Mixed Media Crazy Pages turned out! I want to make more! I also hope to show other projects using the scans I made of the pages.
Take time to play with your art supplies. There is no wrong way to enjoy making something beautiful. Try new things and don’t worry about how it turns out. It might look like a hot mess at first, but keep playing and before you know it you have a wonderful work of art.
ANNOUNCEMENT! The artwork has now been included in a digital Junk Journal kit by Calico Collage Called: Linda’s Wisdom. Love to see what you make with this digital kit use the tag #lindaswisdom on social media. Thank you everyone for helping me reach a dream of having something of mine out for mass consumption.
Make sure to check out the Friendly Junk Journal People Facebook group. Of course, you are welcome to join the Friendly Junk Journal People Facebook group. The group is growing daily and we are a friendly group willing to help each other and encourage each other.
Interested in any of the journals I created? Please feel free to contact me through my Facebook Page.
Here is my shop, I have a lot of items uploaded and add more weekly.
My hope is that I have inspired you to look at those papers in your stash and make your own junk journal.
Keep updated on my posts by following me. Follow my blog with Bloglovin.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today for the Mixed Media Crazy Pages Tutorial.