Getting ready for Creativation 2018 in Pheonix AZ, are you? I was asked to make a few junk journals for the Canvas Corp Brands booth that includes 7gpysies and Tattered Angels. I came up with a 7gypsies Seamstress Junk Journal that I’m in love with and don’t want to let go of for the show. lol I do hope to get it back.
Supplies used in the 7gypsies Seamstress Junk Journal
- Patterns by 7gypsies Gypsy Seamstress: 12×12 Paper
- Tape Measure by 7gypsies Gypsy Seamstress: 12×12 Paper
- Spools by 7gypsies Gypsy Seamstress: 12×12 Paper
- Buttons by 7gypsies Gypsy Seamstress: 12×12 Paper
- Bias by 7gypsies Gypsy Seamstress: 12×12 Paper
- Seamstress by 7gypsies Gypsy Seamstress: 12×12 paper
- Dress Form Model 1954 Architextures™ Treasures
- Old Scissors Architextures™ Findings
- 4×6 File Folder – Ivory (6 pcs) CCB
- Scraps of Fabric – Canvas and Burlap and fabric from my stash
- Sewing Machine
- Fiskars Scissors
- Paper Trimmer by Fiskars
- Distress Ink, Vintage Photo
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists, Kraft and Walnut Gold
- Stencil made on Cricut Explore Air with Transparency Film
- Waxed Linen Thread
- Book Binders Needle
- Tim Holtz Tonic Studios Craft Pick
When I got this paper collection in front of me I decided I really wanted to use as much as possible and not add other products from other companies if I could help it. I believe that I have achieved this goal.
Here is a flip through video of this 7gypsies Seamstress Junk Journal.
I began by cutting the papers 8 inches tall by 12 inches wide. Saving one of the papers for the cover and the others to become pages.
Next, I selected three pieces of burlap to make pages and used the 4-inch pieces that were cut off of the cardstock papers to make pockets on the burlap.
Sewing canvas, paper, fabric, and burlap was a lot of fun. I love the look it gives this journal. One of my friends said it looked tattered, old and junky. Well, that was my goal! lol
Trying new things in each project helps me grow as an artist. Today it was making a page out of burlap. What new thing have you tried lately in your creative play?
Traveling to Creativation in Pheonix AZ will be a great week. I’m looking forward to seeing all the new products and connecting with other artists.
Thanks so much for stopping by to see the 7gypsies Seamstress Junk Journal I made for Creativation 2018.
Make sure to check out the Friendly Junk Journal People Facebook group. Of course, you are welcome to join the Friendly Junk Journal People Facebook group. The group is growing daily and we are a friendly group willing to help each other and encourage each other.
Interested in any of the journals I created? Please feel free to contact me through my Facebook Page.
Here is my shop, I have a lot of items uploaded and add more weekly.
My hope is that I have inspired you to look at those papers in your stash and make your own junk journal.
Keep updated on my posts by following me. Follow my blog with Bloglovin.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today for the 7gypsies Seamstress Junk Journal.