Recently, I went on a vacation and I wanted a cross body purse that was a nautical or mermaid theme. This prompted me to make a Mermaid Charm Tutorial too. I love how it turned out and lots of people loved my cross body purse. Even had one person ask if I would make one for them! Making bags and journal charms will keep me busy for sure. lol
The video for the Mermaid Charm Tutorial.
Having all the supplies handy makes it easy to make charms like this one. Here is a list of the supplies I used for the Mermaid Charm Tutorial.
- Round Nose Pliers – I use two pairs.
- The chain can be any color, you just want the rings big enough to attach jump rings through. 1.5 inches of chain
- 3/4 inch Lobster Clasp or 20mm
- Jump rings – I found a kit on Amazon that has a ton of different sizes.
- Mermaid, Sea themed charms and beads to add to the chain
- BEADSMITH-One Step Looper Tool
- Head Pins in various colors
Words that were used on the strap were printed on muslin with an inkjet printer. Then these were sewn with a zig-zag stitch.
This Mermaid Charm Tutorial that made the charm was perfect for the zipper pull on the purse. I love the way it jingles when I’m wearing the purse.
Make sure to check out the Friendly Junk Journal People Facebook group. You are welcome to join the Friendly Junk Journal People Facebook group. The group is growing daily and we are a friendly group willing to help each other and encourage each other.
My hope is that I have inspired you to look at those papers in your stash and make your own junk journal.
Thanks very much for stopping by my blog today to see the Mermaid Charm Tutorial.