Lots of fun to share today with a Mixed Media Halloween Paper Bag Junk Journal Tutorial and more. This was one of those super fun projects. The video shows how I took all the items and made a flowish paper bag journal. Then I share how to turn those paper bags into a mixed media journal. Lots of yummy things to see in this project.
Mixed Media Halloween Paper Bag Junk Journal Tutorial Video.
Supplies Used for the Mixed Media Halloween Paper Bag Junk Journal Tutorial.
- Calico Collage Digital Images, Hallowed Gothic, All Hallows Eve Domino Witches, Squares, Domino, Coffin, Witches
- Hallowed Gothic Kit
- 1283 Fortune Tellers
- 652 Witchery Digital Collage Sheet
- 956 Raven Digital Collage Sheet
- 1428 Witches
- 945 Gothic 1 x 2 Inches
- 1284 Gypsy Women
- 062 Black Cats
- 739 Vintage Halloween
- 942 Gothic 1.5 x 1.5 inches
- 1287 All Hallows Eve Library Cards
- 1434 Witchy Ladies 1 x 3 inches
- 342 Black Cats & Witches 1 inch
- 1055 Macabre Ovals
- 1433 Witchy Ladies 1 x 2 inches
- 718 Vintage Halloween
- 021 Witch Ephemera
- 1266 All Hallows Eve ATC Images
- 1432 Witches 4 x 5 inch
- 1430 Macabre Coffin Tags
- 1429 Gothic Raven Coffin Tags
- 1427 Vintage Halloween Coffin Tags
- Stamped images
- Cricut Cut Shapes
- Halloween Words
- Skull and Bat
- Mixed Media Papers
- Acrylic Paint, Purple, Orange, Yellow, and Green
- Old gift card/room key card
- Paint Pallet or old food tray
- Spider Web Stencil
- Diamond Stencil
- Lace Stencil
- Circle Stencil
- Brilliance Pigment Ink, Graphite Black
- Reinker for Graphite Black stamp pad
- Distress Ink, Walnut Stain, Black Soot
- Blending tool
- Best Glue Ever
- No-Clog Writing Cap
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Almost Black, Safety Orange, Maple Yellow, Boardwalk
- Chalk spray by Tattered Angels
- Rubber Stamps
- Journal Cards
- Book Binders Needle
- Waxed Linen Thread
- Giant Paperclips
- Pastels Black
- Fiskar Scissors
This is a super fun project. Let’s get started on the Mixed Media Halloween Paper Bag Junk Journal Tutorial. Begin by selecting paper bags, acrylic paint, stamps, and mixed media papers.
Have fun applying the mixed media papers to the bags. Don’t think about where you are placing the bits of papers, just have fun adding color here and there. Flip each bag over and add papers to the other side too.
Once the papers have adhered to the bags start applying one color of paint here and there. Be random, don’t think about where you are adding color. Doing one layer at a time will give it time to dry and your colors won’t get muddy.
Add Tattered Angels Mists to the bags to add another layer of color.
Break out those stamps and add more interest to the bags. In this step, you will want to think about the direction of the bags and your stamps if they are directional images.
Adhere Calico Collage images and handmade embellishments to the bag. Decorating the bags with all the bits and pieces is a lot of fun!
Making all the Halloween items for this Mixed Media Halloween Paper Bag Junk Journal Tutorial was a lot of fun. So much fun that I ended up making kits for others to create their own. Check these out in my shop.
There are over 100 pieces in each kit! A lot to use for those Halloween projects or that special Halloween Junk Journal.
What is your favorite Halloween Tradition? When I was a kid I loved going to the Halloween Carnival at our school. It was fun playing games and seeing the costumes!
Make sure to check out the Friendly Junk Journal People Facebook group. Of course, you are welcome to join the Friendly Junk Journal People Facebook group. The group is growing daily and we are a friendly group willing to help each other and encourage each other.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today to see the Mixed Media Halloween Paper Bag Junk Journal Tutorial.