Day 21 of #useitupjuly, today sharing 7Gypsies Embellishment Junk Book times two! It was so fun making the Embellishment books a week ago that I decided I would make two more in a different theme. Using lots of items from my stash and several from 7Gypsies I share two books that were made.
7Gypsies Embellishment Junk Book Video.
Supplies used in the making of the 7Gypsies Embellishment Junk Book.
- Just Thankful 7gypsies Gypsy Moments Cards
- Architextures™ Stash Paque – Enjoy, Create
- Kraft Paper Sack
- 7gypsies Gypsy Moments Cards: Doodle
- Old Book pages – sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Walnut Gold, Kraft, Woven Burlap through Lace Stencil
- 7gypsies Gypsy Moments Cards: Bucket List
- Architextures™ 12×12 Paper – Art Wall
- Distress Ink, Frayed Burlap
- Architextures™ Flash Cards – Travel Journal
- Transparency Film
- 7gypsies Gypsy Moments Cards: Just an Idea
- Architextures™ 8×8 Paper Pad Collection #1
- Brother Sewing Machine
- Architextures™ Flash Cards – The Journal Story
- Junk mail large postcards
- Brutus Monroe Detail Ink – Raven
- Rubber Stamps
- Spring Showers: Butterflies on Ivory Paper
This is the Embellishment Junk Book Tutorial I made on July 12. It features using the Frankenpages technique to create the cover and pages. This video also shows how the cover book was constructed and all the goodies inside the first two I made.
The 7Gypsies Embellishment Junk Book is a great way to use up scraps and items that you have had for a while, or that you have duplicates of in your stash.
When these books were made I was going through my stash and found where I had cut items out of the 7Gpysies booklets and out of sheets of images. Being able to find a use for the leftover pieces helps me a lot!
As an artist and crafter, I tend to find reasons to keep things that might be trash to others. The postcards used for the pages is one of those items. But having those pieces to use as a base helped these 7Gypsies Embellishment Junk Books come together.
Once I got started it was hard to stop with just one book! lol I have supplies to make dozens of these little books. Creating with a theme helped me focus on the creation of the first 7Gypsies Embellishment Junk Book. When it was done I realized that I had enough to make a second with similar items.
Take a look at the stash you have. Find those items that you love and put them to use. We spend so much time shopping and collecting that we forget to create! My hope is that you are inspired to create after seeing one of my videos.
After seeing my 7Gypsies Embellishment Junk Book what kind of embellishment book would you make?
Make sure to check out the Friendly Junk Journal People Facebook group. Of course, you are welcome to join the Friendly Junk Journal People Facebook group. The group is growing daily and we are a friendly group willing to help each other and encourage each other.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today to see the 7Gypsies Embellishment Junk Book.