Today I’m sharing an Autumn Gel Printing into Junk Journal Page Tutorial with you. Using stencils, gel plate, paint and more I show how to create gel prints and then turn those into a junk journal page.
Autumn Gel Printing into Junk Journal Page Tutorial Video
Supplies Used for the Autumn Gel Printing into Junk Journal Page Tutorial
- October 2020 Artistic Stencil Club
- 12 x 12 Gel Press
- Soft Rubber Brayer
- Gel print from Autumn Tree and Leaves Gel Print Tutorial
- Autumn Printable files from Calico Collage
- Oak Leaf Stencil
- Autumn Chipboard Pieces
- Punked Out Steam Too Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Punked Brass Color
- Acrylic Craft Paint
- Book Pages
- Fiskars 12 Inch Portable Rotary Paper Trimmer (199080)
- HP Printer Paper 8.5×11 MultiPurpose 20 lb 5 Ream Case 2500 Sheets 96 Bright White
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Fiskars Scissors
- Oval Blending Brushes
- Fossilized Amber Distress Ink
- Aged Mahogany Distress Ink
- Walnut Stain Distress Ink
- Blending tool
- Tear off notepad or other scrap of paper
- Paint Chip Samples
- Autumn/Fall Products in my shop
First create gel prints, using several colors of acrylic paint and any stencil you may have. For this page I used a couple of stencils that are from the October artistic stencil club.
When you use stencils over a book page, it creates an interesting background. You can add all sorts of elements as I have done using Autumn digitals by Calico Collage, words and phrases also creates a statement to your page.
Check out the tutorial for the Folded Book Page Pocket Insert on how to create a postcard like the one below.
Watching the Autumn Tree and Leaves Gel print tutorial will show you how to create this layered gel print.
By layering chipboard elements over a gel print creates interesting texture, below Linda has used the an element from the Autumn chipboard pieces she has in her shop
Using gel prints is a creative way to make journal pages! Do you use gel prints to create journal pages?