Use those mixed media pages to create a colorful Steampunk themed junk journal page. This Steampunk Junk Journal Page Tutorial will show how to use those colorful pages to create an interactive junk journal page.
Steampunk Junk Journal Page Tutorial Video
Supplies used for the Steampunk Junk Journal Page Tutorial
- Punked Out Steam Creative Subscription box
- Digital Download Punked Out Steam
- Printed Punked Out Steam Journal Kit
- Mixed Media Pages, Gel Prints
- 5 x 7 Envelope
- Gear Rubber Stamp
- Gelato Mixed Media Masterboard Digital Download
- Journal quartet Rubber Stamps
- Butterfly Small Rubber Stamp
- Connected Gears Stencil
- Almost Gears Stencil from Subscription Box
- Magnets 200 Pieces 3x1mm
- Book Pages
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Nib Med Rubber Stamp
- Archival Ink, Jet Black
- Journal cards, 2.5 x 3.5 inches, 4×6 inches, 5×7 Inches
- Distress Ink, Walnut Stain
- Blending Tool
- Chipboard Gears from the Subscription Box
- Acrylic Paint – Teal
- Paint Brush
- Heart Punch or other small punch shape
- Scraps of paper, book pages, cardstock
- Artistic Stencil Club – May
- Punked Out Steam Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Kit
- Fiskars Scissors
- Washi Tape
There is lots of color in this Steampunk Junk Journal Page Tutorial. The Connected Gears was used to create the mixed media strips that become pockets on this side of the page. Don’t be afraid of color! Using color can make a page so much fun!
Paring rubber stamped images with the stencil designs adds texture and interest to the page. Since the elements I used are paper there isn’t a lot of bulk but lots of texture and of course color.
Get more out of your mixed media pages by cutting the piece apart. The green and teal page made three elements on the following page. Do you see where it was used?
Magnets added to the pocket and the envelope flap help keep things in place.
Have fun using those mixed media pages and create beautiful junk journal pages and elements.
Remember that I have live streams on Monday’s at 3:45 pm and Thursdays at 12:30 pm Central Standard time on my YouTube Channel. Come join the chat, win prizes while I create.
Make sure to check out the Friendly Junk Journal People Facebook group. Of course, you are welcome to join the Friendly Junk Journal People Facebook group. The group is growing daily and we are a friendly group willing to help each other and encourage each other.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today to see the Steampunk Junk Journal Page Tutorial.